Tradition must be completely legitimized



“I went to Confession in my parish. The priest who was about 60 years old, said to me “I have been here almost five years and it seems to me that I have never seen you before”.

“That’s true Father. You have never seen me because every Sunday I go to the […….] Shrine where Holy Mass in the Old Rite is celebrated.” (Editor’s note: following the liturgical indications of the Motu Proprio, Summorum Pontificum).

I expected the usual lecture as had happened when I spoke about it to the Rector of a very famous Marian Shrine. Instead this priest very kindly said to me: “Keep going my son: that is the real future of the Church!” The liturgy of our fathers will save the Church! Keep going and never give up!”

“Father – I replied – why don’t you celebrate the Mass in the Old Rite which you praise so highly?”

The priest: “After my first public celebration I experienced disparagement on the part of my order, but most of all I’m concerned that they will send a Protestant pastor here [in the parish] – be patient for a little while longer: Tradition is going be completely legitimized and the pestilent confusion which is reigning supreme now will be wiped out. Have faith: Our Lady will help us!”

Rorate Caeli